Sunday, August 09, 2009

Storms

I love to chase storms. Now, I'm not the tornado chaser you see on your Discovery channels and your weather channels, I do things a little differently. Since I chase mostly at night for lightning shots, I try to find places that are far enough away to get a great wide angle shot, but close enough that I can get some details of the storm. There have been times in the past where I have been entirely too close, and it scared the shit out of me. But for now, I just chase to get the beauty of the storm, as much as possible. It's hard to photograph lightning if it's right on top of you. Tonight was one of the best lightning shoots I've attempted in quite some time. The lightning was mostly in the clouds, but it came out and said hello every once in a while. There were peeks of sky coming through the swirling clouds, which were reminiscent of a dragon. Ok, so on with the photos, please click these, compression kills:





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home