Tuesday, May 22, 2007

No fun

So, I guess I'm allergic to Sulfa medication. I broke out in a horrible rash yesterday, all over, and called the 24 hour Walgreens in West Ashley. The dude there said it was probably an allergic reaction to the medication i was taking for an infection (which just happens to be the only drug that directly treats said infection). He said take 2 benadryl, and a Pepsid AC if i had any (wtf?). I didn't have any pepsid, so i kinda blew it off, but took the Benadryl anyway, and it knocked me the hell out. So, I survived the night, after being covered in calamine lotion, and called my doc this morning and they got me right in. The doc said right away he knew what it was (allergic reaction to the Sulfa medication), and gave me a shot (OMG) and a heavy prescrip of Prednisolone and advised me to get some OTC Pepsid. He said that drugs like that (pepsid, zantac, etc...) have a different type of antihistimine in it, and it really helps with the benadryl and the prednisolone. I was shocked, and happy to know that info. The picture i've posted is of my leg about 3 hours after the shot and the prednisolone. My leg was about 20 times worse, as far as being red and inflamed, so i'm glad this is ending. I volunteered for the shot (those that know me know this is unusual, kinda gives you an idea of how much agony i was in from the itching) and it started working almost immediately. I'm glad i did. The nurse really did a great job with it, it didn't hurt at all, until later when i put too much pressure on it. :) Luckily for me, the doctor did not prescibe me to wear a cone.

And a special shout out to my mom, who drove me to the doctor this morning when i was COMPLETELY unable to do so myself. I couldn't stand or sit still for more than 3 seconds, so she volunteered to help me out, and she stayed up late with me last night and helped me get calimine lotion on my back. And she hung out with me today when i was getting sleepy and really was a great mom. As usual. :) Thanks mom.

1 Comments:

<$I18NCommentAuthorAdded$>

Sweet mom!

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home