Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Running to Stand Still

I'm not gonna tell the entire story of my weekend today, but I will tell it tomorrow or the next day. Tonight, I just wanted to say, I traveled up to charlotte with NO intention WHAT SO EVER of seeing U2 in concert. I did not have the money (since bank of america sucks.) But two amazing people gave me 10 bucks each, and after much deliberation, and 7 hours waiting in the cold for a moment(autograph or hello) that didn't happen because of Jesse Helms, I went back to my hotel all bummed out. Cried a bit, talked to my mom, and then I decided to return to the concert area with my 20 bucks, the only money I had, and see if I could buy a T-shirt. Instead, I "acquired" a TICKET AND GOT INTO SEE THE SHOW WITH MY CAMERA!!!! FOR $20!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT STILL! AND, my seat was not at all shitty! Thank you LINDA and KcATHY! I'll tell you all the whole story of the weekend later, cuz it was a doozy. Can someone please give me a link to the set list for charlotte? I'd appreciate it because I was in shock and I can't remember a damn thing. Anway, I wanted you all to know that I was born a child of grace, and I can dream, and I dream out loud, I didn't let the bastards get me down. I can't believe I saw u2 this year. I never in a million years dreamed I'd be able to. I am so grateful.

Oh yeah, and Charlotte: So long, and thanks for all the fish. You may not share our intellect Which might explain your disrespect For all the natural wonders that grow around you, So long, so long, so long, so long, so long So long, so long, so long, so long, so long. (I'm going to sing that song at every show I do.)


Currently listening to: U2 bootleg, Live from Denver, April 6 2001 (this is the copy that Brian and I got when we were in denver. The dude bribed us with these, Brian was looking at them, and the dude got busted. We kept the Cds and made copies for ourselves. tee hee)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home