Sunday, May 14, 2006

My Body and the funny things it does



We all have little things about our body that are quirky or strange. For some it's the incredible amount of hair they have, for others, it's that their second toe is 1/4 inch longer than their big toe. For me, it's a bunch of things.

First off, let me say, this is not going to be a gross post. I'm not going to gross anybody out, we swears it. We swears. This is an informative post, because I know and you know, all of us have these little quirks. Not all are the same, of course, but we all have these quirks.

So the first quirk that comes to mind today is the thing that is bugging me today: My allergies. I'll say my food allergies, because my regular allergies aren't funny. My food allergies are Melons, and i'm developing an allergy to oranges, (and hopefully not lemons because they are my favorite fruit.) Ok, but it wasn't always like this. I used to eat watermelons by the whole. My friend and I used to take a watermelon and split it, and have contests. I LOVED watermelon. My favorite fruit as a matter of fact. And then one day, she and I were eating a watermelon, and whoops, suddenly I can't breathe, I can't see, and I'm breaking out in a rash. Well shoot. Maybe it's the watermelon. I'll try some cantelope (my second favorite food.) Oh! Hey! No airway, my eyes swell, rash again. Shoot. I must suddenly be allergic to melons!
And don't even think about putting me in a room with new carpet. That makes my right eye swell and some white goo come out of it. Yeah, found that out the hard way. "Yeah, we took Goddess to the carpet store, and she almost exploded." New carpet people. It's wierd. It's just wierd.

And now i'm becoming allergic to oranges. This makes me mad. Especially because my favorite oranges come from Kirby's grandma's backyard. Fresh orange tree, oranges the size of a softball, holy shit. It truly doesn't get much better than that.

Next thing are my feet. I've always had trouble with my feet. And for some reason, lately I've been having trouble with my left foot. But this week, it is my right foot causing anguish. Once again, Goddess has a bad toenail. I'll save you the nasty details, but sometimes this thing just needs to be pulled out of the side of my nail, and then it gets all red and bleeds. I've battled with this since I was about 15. The doctor "fixed" it 3 times and then once permanently on both feet, and it's better. But for some reason, the right foot just does not want to cooperate. It's quite frustrating let me tell you.

And then, there is the sickness. I had not been sick in a looong time (Mom and I figured about 8 years), bar food poisoning, but the other week, I got this terrible cold with a fever and all that jazz. What is the deal?! Why is my immune system fucking with me!? And i'm still not all the way over it. Sometimes i'll just be standing there and then suddenly my nose will plug up like a maniac!

I know this all seems silly, but this shit changes so quickly it's insane. I don't know what to do with myself. And I have to be careful what I take as far as cold medicines and pain relievers etc... so it can make being sick difficult.

On Sunday, I pinched a nerve in my back and became basically immoble. I thought it was cold air in my lungs, but no. Pinched nerve, pulled muscle type thing. It took me to my knees.

On Monday, monday was when my toe went to hell.

Tuesday, yesterday, I'm standing at work, doing fine, and suddenly, my appendix (asparagus) decided it was going to explode. It hurt bad enough i wanted to cry. My rockin' boss sent me to a room, and after a 20 mintue nap, I felt fine.

Today, I have all sorts of problems. Toe hurts, stupid orange allergy, and my elbow aches.

My conclusion:
I DON'T LIKE GETTING OLD!!!


Note: This was written on the 23rd of March, but I didn't think it was all that funny then. It's not what I wanted to write about today, either, but I am at work and didn't have a lot of time to write. Please forgive my absence, I'll be writing again soon. Happy mothers day!

1 Comments:

<$I18NCommentAuthorAdded$>

getting old is better than not getting old. regardless, you're not getting old. garumph!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home