Sunday, December 17, 2006

Watch out bizitches!

Well, needless to say it's been an interesting month. I got hired on to a new job at a real estate company doing filing/AP. Right now, I'm only doing the filing bit, until I get back. Money's been a bit of a pinch of late, so the work is always welcome. I really like this job, and it's permanent, NOT TEMP! WOO HOO!

On wenesday, steve said he had a suprise for me. I hurried out to his work after work (sorry that's awkward) and we got in the car. I had no clue what was going on. Well, we drove to Columbia, which is about 90 miles away, and went to the arena that's up there. All I saw was posters for John Mayer, and a bunch of older people dressed up with a few younger people dressed in their best as well. I couldn't figure out what was going on. We went into the actual arena, and I saw a concert set up. Ok cool, maybe I was right about the John mayer thing.
You all have seen this video, right:



Wizards Of Winter - video powered by Metacafe


This is from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra that does the music. When I heard who it was, (they announced it over the loud speaker) I was kinda like, "really?" But I always get them mixed up with Manheim Steamroller, and I think this was especially the case this time because of all the old people.

Ok, i know i'm gonna get a bunch of shit for this, but this was a really cool concert. The lights were SPECTACULAR! It was a little hard to take at first because they were all wearing Tux's with tails, and they all were Rockin' it. I must've thought about henry rollins at least 1,000 times. The narrator was gettin' it on with his air guitar, and the other guys were doing the chicken head dance, and they'd walk around and "rock out" with the drummer, and then "rock out" with the keyboardist. Yeah.

But like i say, the lights were really really cool, and to try and describe the setup here would require a lot of time I don't have. But I really enjoyed myself and it actually put me in the christmas spirit. I've been a bit bah-humbugy lately.

I'm really excited about going back to colorado. I get to see some folk i haven't seen in a long time, and I get to see my Grandad turn 80 years old. I'm so excited I Find that i can't sit still or hold a thought in my head (no suprise there...) We are driving because we have to take so much shit out and bring a bunch more shit back, but I do'nt mind it. And it's a suprise, so don't tell my grandfolk that we are coming. Nobody knows I guess that I was coming. Work was really awesome and gave me the days off, no problem. I'm thrilled beyond belief. Yes, bea is going to be coming, so everyone prepare for the princess. The drive out there has potential to be a bit hair raising, but hopefully the winter god of not making the road icy will grant us with some beautiful weather. I don't know exactly how this is going to work out, but it should all be good. I will try to post from colorado, but I don't know how often i'll have a chance. I have a lot of people to meet, see, and reunite with. Again, i'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

On a side note, the drama of my right foot has begun (again). My middle toe (my favorite, if you would like to know) has become inflamed with an ingrown toenail. I need to see a doctor about it because i do not want to spend my vacation on the couch immobilized. My fucking feet never just work right. You know? So off to clean it with alcohol and make it feel all better, and hopefully before i go i'll be able to post again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home